We are a friendly club of 2600+ members whose sole aim is to further the appreciation, restoration and driving of all Land Rovers built between 1958 and 1971. We organise many local events and meetings including our annual club rally. The club publishes four issues of our club magazine, “Built Two Last” a 55+ page extravaganza of articles and stories about all aspects of Series 2s in full colour, written by the members. We have Facebook and Twitter groups you can join as well as a very active online discussion Forum that provides interesting and lively comment on all matters dealing with Series Land Rovers, including a For Sale & Wanted section.
Our club is organised into local areas based loosely on ceremonial counties and postcodes. Members are free to roam and attend any meeting or club event they wish. Most areas meet at least once a month in a local hostelry for a drink. A lot of time is spent peering under bonnets as well as planning various Land Rover activities over a pie and pint. Activities range from a camping weekend, green lane trip or visiting a local Country Fair, Steam Rally or Classic Car show. Sometimes workshop or garage meetings are arranged by a member needing help with a project. Members will often lend a hand in return for tea and bacon butties.
The club attends and puts on a display/stand at the larger Land Rover shows round the country. All Series 2s are welcome, it does not matter how tatty, the only limitation we have is the number of tickets and space.
Our Vehicle Registrations Office can guide you through the process of reclaiming and registering your vehicle or acquiring an age-related number. The club has arranged discounts with various suppliers. Often you can save a bit of cash that can be offset against the cost of your subscription! Our years of experience with Series 2s can help new-comers to the model find and source hard-to-get spare parts.
Here is a summary of the main advantages of club membership:-
The club will post 4 issues of the club magazine, delivered to your door (worth £5 each).
2) The Club has a discount agreement with a leading insurer who can often give a competitive quote. This may be more competitive than what you already pay.
3) The club has arranged discounts with various parts and service providers.
4) The club can help with various aspects of vehicle registration…
a) Confirmation of build date.
b) Age related registration numbers.
c) Re-registering vehicles no longer on the DVLA database, the V765 scheme.
d) The Club is recognised by DVLA as the “expert” body regarding Series 2 Land Rovers.
5) The opportunity to ‘show’ your Series 2 on the Club’s display stand at many of the major Land Rover shows. Note – it is not a requirement that your vehicle be pristinely restored or of great historic importance. Any Series 2 is welcome no matter how battered, but it must be a legitimate Series 2 & road legal etc.
6) The club holds a vehicle database of Series 2s chassis and major component numbers which can help determine the date of manufacture.
7) The club organises local pub meetings all over the country, often on a monthly basis. A chance to meet fellow owners and talk old Land Rovers over a pie & pint.
8) The club organises various road events. This might be a combination of green lanes/fording/or scenic drives. The routes are many and varied.
9) The club shop sells a range of Land Rover Series 2 merchandise and clothing.
10) The club organises an annual Club Rally, a camping weekend event open to all members. Your chance to see Series 2 Land Rovers doing what they do best in a field and lots more.
The Club is an affiliate or associate member of the following organisations:-
These organisations promote, lobby and fight to support the not insignificant classic vehicle industry. By being a club member, you are indirectly helping to secure the future of your hobby.
We are a DVLA listed club.
We would like to hear from you. Please send us a message by filling out the form below and we will get back to you shortly.
Series 2 Club
It appears that your membership is overdue (expiry ). If you wish to continue to access the ‘Members Section’ pages then please renew your membership by visiting https://series2club.co.uk/how-to-join/
Please enter as much information as you can. You will be able to upload documents as the last step of this form.